The Iowa Economics Challenge ONLINE! is a FREE online economics program available for middle and high school students. This online competition includes 30 questions for students to test their knowledge on micro, macro and global economics.
State Competition Information:
- Online portal typically open from January to April.
- Top 10 teams in each high school division will be invited to the State Finals.
- Location is typically at the Federal Reserve Bank in West Des Moines.
- Prize money is awarded for each division for 1st and 2nd place teams.
- College money and prize money is awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners at the state level.
- Register today! https://econchallenge.unl.edu/Iowa
- Adam Smith – for high school AP, international baccalaureate, and honors students as well as any returning competitors.
- David Ricardo – for high school students who are first-time Challenge competitors who have taken no more than one economics course.
- Milton Friedman – for middle school students.
- Each 1st place team from each division at the state level is invited to represent its state in the National Finals.
- The finals are typically in Washington D.C.
- The finals typically take place at the end of April or early May.
- Each team participates in a quiz bowl competition.
- Prize money is awarded for the top four teams.
- For more info: https://www.councilforeconed.org/national-economics-challenge/
This challenge is made possible by of our generous donors: