The TS Institute was created in 2009 to collaborate with the school system to promote financial literacy. The goal of the program is to provide students, K-12, with the knowledge to make sound financial decisions.
The student bank is designed to:
- Introduce the economic concept of saving money at an early age and reinforce this idea throughout the elementary curriculum
- Demonstrate that saving money should be part of a student’s personal financial plan for his or her future
- Increase parental involvement in children’s lives through banking activity
- Designed to introduce the concept of saving and long term goal planning.
- The full service high school branch will reinforce Thomas Jefferson business and finance curriculum. The elementary branch reinforces saving and needs vs wants.
- Will provide unique learning experiences for participants.
Treynor Community School District
- 5 Year Pilot Project; Institute Director works directly with schools.
- Creating and implementing a comprehensive K-12 financial literacy program to meet Iowa Department of Education 21st Century Financial Literacy standards.
- Our goal is to push influence to the state and regional levels with assistance from the Iowa Department of Education, Iowa Banker’s Association, ISU, UNO, and Iowa Congressional Leaders
Full service banking
- Checking and savings accounts. Will be open to all students and faculty members.
- CSR’s will be identified and selected through a formal application process and will be trained by TS Bank staff.