- Introduce the economic concept of saving money at an early age and reinforce this idea throughout the elementary curriculum
- Demonstrate that saving money should be part of a student’s personal financial plan for his or her future
- Increase parental involvement in children’s lives through banking activity
- Will provide unique learning experiences for participants.
View the Cardinal Branch of the Treynor State Bank in the elementary school at Treynor, IA
- The Treynor Cardinal Branch at Treynor Elementary in Treynor, IA was established as a capstone experience for students.
- It began as a 5 Year Pilot Project
- TS Institute created and implemented comprehensive K-12 financial literacy programming in the school to meet Iowa Department of Education 21st Century Financial Literacy standards.
- Our goal was to push influence to the state and regional levels with assistance from the Iowa Department of Education, Iowa Banker’s Association, ISU, UNO, Iowa Congressional Leaders other stakeholders in financial and economic education.
Full Service Banking
- The first of its kind in Iowa, the Thomas Jefferson Yellow Jacket Branch offers checking and savings accounts. This branch is a state chartered branch and open to students and faculty members.
- CSR’s (Customer Service Representatives) will be identified and selected through a formal application process and will be trained by TS Bank’s banking staff.
Current Student Banks
- 2010 – Treynor Elementary Cardinal Branch – Treynor, IA
- 2012 – Thomas Jefferson High School Yellow Jacket Branch – Council Bluffs, IA
- 2013 – Rue Elementary Junior Jacket Branch – Council Bluffs, IA
- 2015 – Franklin Elementary Junior Jacket Branch – Council, Bluffs, IA
- 2015 – Wilson Middle School Junior Jacket Branch – Council Bluffs, IA
- 2017 – College View Little Lynx Branch – Council Bluffs, IA
- 2018 – Divide County Elementary DC Branch – Crosby, ND